Monday, July 2, 2012



Day 7: Crazyness!!! I'm used to going for bike rides every single weekend. Last weekend was one of the three times I didn't go. Man oh man were my legs feeling the burn!! It was a combination of the workouts that I completed during the week and a loss of muscle memory from the week I skipped out on biking. I felt like I was starting from ground zero all over again! I was doing the heavy breathing and extreme pushing to get up the hills. In all, I felt like I was not gonna make it. No more skipping weekends!! It felt so good to finish, even though my legs felt like Jell-O as soon as I got off the bike. hahahaha!! No Joke, Wobbling and ALL! lol  Looking forward to week number TWO!!! Yeeeeyyy!! LET'S DO THIS!!!!






4 comments:

  1. Man o man, did I have the same experience today! 4 days without riding and I picked a mountain course since I hadn't done one for a while. Burning, slobering, overheating, pulse went up to 95% but I didnt stop and was blessed for doing so with a rain shower. Felt so good. 1,000 calories in 45 min not bad. But you are right about the muscle memory, the good thing is that it comes right back, the more conditioned you make the muscle the faster that it will. So proud and happy that you keeping up the excelent work. BTW found a road bike that will suit you for when you come down. :) Big hug, love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMBO!! slobering?... too funny!!!!! That's me when I'm doing extreme pushing with the push-ups hahahaha!!I can't wait!!!!! wooohoooo!!! I'm bringing my padded shorts for extra support :)Yeeeyyy!!! So excited!! Love you bunches!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Yea Yanisse! The muscle memory loss definitely will help keep your muscles guessing, your mind stimulated, and your progress in motion. Way to push yourself to get in that weekend workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I felt so much better this Sunday biking :) Can't wait for next weekend!!

      Delete